Filomaniac

Das deutsche Blog für alle Filofax-Fans. - The German blog for all Filofax fans.

Please feel free to comment in English as well!

20. Januar 2011

Prominente Filofax-Nutzer (1): Jeff Abbott

Der Thriller-Autor Jeff Abbott (*1963) ist ein bekennender Filofax-Nutzer:
"[...] the whole point of a Filofax is to be regular and orderly in your life–to know where you’re supposed to be, what you’re supposed to be doing, when you’re supposed to do it. (That is why I have one, open on my desk all the time.)"
Obwohl ich sehr gerne Thriller lese, kannte ich ihn nicht - ich bin erst auf ihn aufmerksam geworden durch seine Kommentare auf Philofaxy: Im September 2007 gab es sogar einen Gastartikel von ihm!

Auch in seinem eigenen Blog hat er sich des öfteren zum Thema Filofax geäußert, z. B. hier:
"Filofax: i’ve been using an A5 Filofax for two years now. I like it, and use the one-week on two pages calendar view (after using the page-a-day last year, which didn’t give me enough of an overview of larger blocks of time). [...]
Filofax is a good choice if you have a lot of data you want to keep and access in your planner, or if you absolutely must be able to add and remove pages from your planner (most of the other choices here are bound planners). That flexibility, though, can mean it’s a pain to archive your loose pages once you’re done, if you need to keep them for reference on what you did when."
Auch zum Thema Paper vs Software hat er sich einige Gedanken gemacht:
"The ease of paper is its main selling point. There is NOTHING to learn, basically. You need to remember something, you write it down. Done. No bringing up a program, typing in your task, mousing to file it or group it with other related tasks. The hardest thing you do is flip to the right page."
Und in dieser Woche beschreibt er in einem neuen Blogpost detailliert - und mit Fotos! - seinen Filofax (einen A5 Classic), den er "my portable brain" nennt:
"I’ve tried the electronic-style planners and for some reason paper just works better for me. I don’t have to worry about maintaining a sync, I don’t have to worry about lost data. I can look at multiple pages at the same time. Also, I can doodle in it. Never underestimate the power of doodling. [...]
I like the Filofax because it’s flexible and easy to maintain. It lets me get my head clear to do my best work."
Den kompletten Artikel solltet Ihr Euch nicht entgehen lassen!

Was soll ich sagen? "Bücher von Jeff Abbott lesen" steht jetzt auf meiner To Do-Liste - und vielleicht auch auf Eurer?

1 Kommentar:

  1. Obwohl wir als überzeugte filofax-Nutzer ja eigentlich keine zusätzliche Motivation brauchen, ist es immer wieder interessant, solche Artikel zu lesen.

    Danke Iris für's Ausbuddeln :-)

    AntwortenLöschen